10 Reasons for Buyers to Hire an Attorney
Here Are 10 Reasons Why You Need To Hire An Attorney To Work On Your Behalf
1. The attorney will go over the specific terms of the contract and look for any problems that may arise. This is a major legal transaction with a lot of money involved so it is important to have an experienced real estate attorney working on your behalf.
2. The attorney will monitor all of the deadlines.
3. The attorney will negotiate on your behalf any items related to the inspection such as repairs that are needed.
4. The attorney will work with you to get financing, and if necessary, negotiate an extension of the mortgage commitment deadline.
5. The attorney will ensure that you receive clear title. This is extremely important.
6. The attorney will explain, and if necessary, negotiate the tax proration between the parties.
7. The attorney will draft, organize and explain all of the paperwork needed for the transaction.
8. The attorney will look for any hidden or unnecessary charges that unfortunately sometimes get added to the final figures.
9. The attorney will attend the closing and explain the paperwork to you.
10. Peace of mind! The attorney will be working for you only — not the other side. This means that you will have an independent party looking out for you and your interests throughout this process.
Contact Bradford Miller Law, P.C.
To schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced Chicago real estate lawyer, contact our office online or call us toll free at 312-815-6637. Meetings can be set up for weekdays, between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. We charge reasonable fees for all services.
Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Please consult an attorney before acting on any information.
Bradford Miller Law, P.C.
10 S. LaSalle, Suite 2920, Chicago, IL 60603
Toll Free: 312-815-6637
Map and Directions